Buster Posey ready to go on from baseball, states farewell

Thảo luận trong 'Chuyện Trò Linh Tinh'

• ^^! Nếu bạn không gửi link bài viết trên Facebook được, hãy sử dụng link trong khung này để chia sẻ bài viết :
    1. ihkoa1958

ihkoa1958 New Member

Bài viết:
      Được thích:
      SAN FRANCISCO (AP)-- At First, as a young player more than a years back, Buster Posey had a bumpy ride understanding exactly how the San Francisco Giants make every effort to humanize their gamers, to attach them with a follower base that desires nothing more than to be familiar with the star athletes it sustains.
      https://www.baseball-humour.com/buster-posey-ready-to-move-on-from-baseball-says-farewell-3/
      He definitely gets it now. He values his area in leaving lasting memories for families to value as well as give, as well as what he indicates to connecting a community-- and also even all those Bay Area dogs out there called Buster and also Posey.

" It's probably something early in my career that I thought was a waste of time," Posey shared. "As well as I didn't recognize it. But as the years have passed I have actually recognized just how impactful that can be. If it impacts one person in a favorable way it's worth your time."

The preferred catcher offered a sincere farewell to baseball on Thursday complying with an embellished 12-year profession with the Giants throughout which he won three World Collection championships as well as led a lengthy checklist of celebrity pitchers, however also a similarly outstanding career off the field such as his vigorous commitment to pediatric cancer as well as helping others.

" I make sure there are kids out there today that have viewed me play my entire occupation. They really may be grownups now," Posey stated. "There's parents as well as there's grandparents, aunts and uncles, nieces as well as nephews, cousins that can still keep in mind precisely where they were when Edgar Renteria hit the game-winning homer in Texas that led the 2010 San Francisco Giants to their initial World Series title."

Part of the reason he is walking away at 34 after one of his best periods yet is to spend more time with his 4 youngsters. As well as no doubt he will certainly be hectic. Posey pulled out of the coronavirus-shortened 2020 period after he as well as wife Kristen embraced too soon birthed baby girls to sign up with older doubles Addison and also Lee.

" I wish to have the ability to do even more stuff from February to November with my household," he said.

The pull this way has actually existed a while now for the seven-time All-Star.

" I assume the year off probably did play into the decision a little," Posey said. "I didn't approach the period and also say this is most definitely it. ... I can truthfully say no, playing the method I did really did not guide me, as well as I assume that's part of the factor that I do feel peaceful with my decision."

The Giants had been prepared to work out Posey's $22 million club choice for 2022 if he intended to play, yet he had a hint before this record-setting, 107-win Giants period began this could be it.

" I sort of entered into this last season sensation like it may be my last," Posey said. "Simply provided myself some area in my mind to be okay with determining or else if I wanted to keep having fun and also I really just never wavered."

Even after he batted.304 with 18 homers and 56 RBIs, resilient down the stretch as his body was feeling it though he showed his operatively fixed appropriate hip had actually lastly healed 3 years after surgical treatment.

Posey said he easily might have called it a career 5 years earlier and attributed the training personnel for keeping him on the area.

The 2010 NL Rookie of the Year, Posey came back from a disastrous, season-ending leg injury in 2011 to win NL MVP the following year.

He tore three tendons in his left ankle joint as well as damaged a bone in his lower leg when he was run over by the Marlins' Scott Cousins on May 25, 2011. Posey responded by winning the 2012 batting crown as well as MVP honors while leading the Giants to a 2nd Globe Collection championship in a three-year span. In all, he won Globe Series titles in 2010, '12 and also '14.

Big league Baseball adopted a guideline limiting home base accidents ahead of the 2014 season after Posey's injury caused a review.

" Buster, there's no much better than him for me. I have actually been privileged to have some fantastic ones on both sides, regarding his gifts and talents as well as the person that he is, he's right up there on top," previous Giants supervisor Bruce Bochy said.

Posey shared certain minutes from each World Collection win and indicated Matt Cain's excellent game, as well.

" To me this is what encapsulates baseball. It's a whole lot more than just winning or losing games," he stated. "It's about the moment spent with family members, the plenty of all the time pulling for your group, riding the emotions of the highs, riding the feelings of the lows, as well as inevitably appreciating individuals that you're with along the road as well as making wonderful memories. I'm so really humbled to have figured in in some of those memories. To the fans, thank you for all your assistance I've received the last 13 seasons."

Previous San Francisco left-hander Barry Zito published a thoughtful tribute to Posey on Twitter.

" You were 60 feet from me in my biggest and worst minutes in baseball. Your levelheaded approach to the video game inspired me as well as every other player that set foot in those Giants storage locker rooms through the years," claimed Zito in a part of his lengthy post. "I bet you had no suggestion."

Currently, the Giants have to consider life without Posey behind home plate.

" Is this like a guaranteed, without a doubt thing?" president of baseball procedures Farhan Zaidi quipped, "I just needed to ask."

2. ^^! Nếu bạn không gửi link bài viết trên Facebook được, hãy sử dụng link trong khung này để chia sẻ bài viết :